Monday 10 October 2011

Family Member As A McKenzie Friend?

I have had a few enquiries lately regarding whether family members may act as a McKenzie Friend for them. So, I thought I'd clarify it for everyone.

You can, in theory, have a family member as a McKenzie Friend.

However, in practice, a close family member will probably have an interest in the outcome of the case, and therefore may not be deemed suitable by the Judge. Your opponent (if an ex partner) may also object to your use of a family member as a McKenzie Friend. I know of cases where a family member has been permitted to act as McKenzie Friend, but also a few where that permission has been refused.

I would always recommend using a McKenzie Friend that is independent (such as you would with a solicitor) and who has no connection to you.


http://www.yourmckenziefriend.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment